The spectacular walled city of Valletta, so familiar from the HBO show, rises up from the turquoise Mediterranean Sea, while airline passengers also get a bird's-eye view of the sister islands of Gozo and Comino, known for its Blue Lagoon.
No wonder Malta has topped a global survey of the world's most scenic airport approaches, conducted by PrivateFly, a booking platform for private jet charters.
When you're flying into these 10 beauties, which offer views of everything from mountainous landscapes to glittering skyscrapers, you're going to want to be in the window seat.
Here are the top 10 scenic airport approaches, according to PrivateFly's 2016 survey:
- Malta Airport, Malta
- Nice Cote D'Azur Airport, France
- Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
- Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
- Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean Netherlands
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
- Donegal Airport, Ireland
- St. Maarten Airport (Princess Juliana International), Caribbean
- Los Angeles International Airport, California
- London City Airport, UK